Friday, December 11, 2009

Tiffany Art Group Christmas





December 10th was the second Thursday of the month which means it's Art Group Day! For our Christmas Party we met at the home of Marylou Touth. We were to bring to the luncheon either a salad or a dessert and a Christmas item valued at $20.00. I chose to make a pasta salad. It turned out great for a recipe that I had never made before. I put it in an antique glass bowl for a special touch of flare. The leftovers were put in a plastic container for the family to eat.

I arrived a few minutes early to what I thought was Marylou's home only to discover that I had everything except my pasta salad. So I called Marylou on my way out of the subdivision to tell her that I would now be a few minutes late because I was going back home to retrieve my salad. Being the sweet hostess that she is, she told me to turn around and don't worry about the dish as we would have plenty of food. I arrived back to what I thought was Marylou's home at the same time as another one of our club's members so we walked up to the house together. We didn't even ring the bell but just walked in like we do every month at each other's homes. The house didn't look familiar and just about the time that it was about to come out of my mouth the owner of the home came around the hall corner! We were at the wrong party! Turns out that the owner and one of her guests go to my church! Funny thing is as we headed out the door, several other of our members were pulling into the same "wrong" drive! What a hoot we had when we got to Marylou's (2 doors down) because no one was there yet and we all came at once from the other party house.

The pictures are of Marylou (hostess maxima), the table with some of the other members and the piano player in the background, the awesome homemade desserts and of course, the pasta salad that was left behind. Thanks goes out to Marylou for being the best hostess, best gift exchange hostess and party planner!




2 comments:

  1. OMGosh Paula, Funny Day for sure~ curious who it was from Church? Tell me later :) Here is my story: GA Leader "Harmony Baptist" every year we take our girls Christmas Caroling to some Shut In's Homes. Bus driver pulls up to the Home we were to carol; I'm first one out lead 16 girls into this house that I was already in (pouring down rain) & we sing; only to find out: we were in the wrong house. Becky Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. P- looks like u ladies had a wonderful time & some good eats too! Funny story to boot!

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!