Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Gifts revealed

Clarissa...aka Vanna...poses for a Christmas morning picture for Mom. Her recipe box rests upon a little antique table I found at a flea market and spray painted to match her future bedroom. It might be her night stand or she said maybe a table for her printer. It has the two boards that lay at an angle to each other on the lower part of the table to hold books somewhat vertically. P.S. I think that the spray cans are holding less and less paint each year they are produced.
We are a little out of order here with the pictures but you can just scroll down to see the whole finished project. I had to put at least one YO-YO on this as they are one of my passions. The brown "flower" is from a fat quarter that I plan to make yo-yos from but thought it would just be cute to make a circle and draw up some stitches for a raised effect.

I covered this little metal box that I got from Oriental Trading with some Creative Memories papers and matching ribbons. The chipboard letters were painted with acrylics and embellished with dots and dashes of the same.


Here is a shot from the top. Can you make it out with all the ribbon in the way? It says, "Mom's recipes". I made a recipe file for my son and his wife for their wedding this summer and since Clarissa is moving out next week I thought it would be fitting to make her one too. The recipes inside are mostly family recipes from some great cooks! It will be fun for them to have as we pass through generations and sometimes lose the recipes we love most.


Here is the finished canvas that I gave a preview of weeks earlier. It was part of Clarissa's Christmas package of things for her new apartment. What do you think? Do you think it would be a marketable thing for Etsy? I have three other canvas projects going and will share as soon I can call them finished. I have scripture picked out for them but am waiting for inspiration.




3 comments:

  1. Paula,
    Such awesome gifts to give your kiddos. I'm sure they will enjoy them for years to come! And the tradition of passing on tried & true family recipes is something each of them will appreciate more & more with each passing year!
    I definitely think either project is marketable on either Etsy or Ebay! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, absolutely Etsy-worthy! I'd commission one :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!