Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Album debut

One of my favorite pictures from the wedding album I put together for Dustin & Katy. It's an 8x8 album that opens like a set of shutters with four 2x3 windows for pictures on the front. To all my scrappin buddies....can you believe it's done? I bet you were sick of me dragging it out everytime we got together to scrap. One more day before you see what else I've been up to!
Roxie getting a bow, a rub down and a hug from her Momma, Katy. Think she loves doggies!
Meet Buckets the Jack Russell who is what we decided is 7 years old here in his Christmas vest. He is truly loved and enjoyed by Katy and Dustin. He's also VERY entertaining but what else would one expect from a Jack? Full of energy and great moves.
Dustin opens a movie that his sister, Clarissa, got him for Christmas. We had some laughs talking about how they used to irritate each other when they were younger. I laughed because Dustin still likes to pester his sister! See the little stinker twinkle there in them eyes?
My newest daughter, Katy, who I love for her sweet nature, calling it like it is and the way she fits perfectly with my son. I sincerely look forward to the future with her as we get to know each other better and make alot of memories.

Tonight Katy and Dustin had us over for dinner. Notice that I put Katy first in the last sentence? That is because we all know that the woman of the house most usually is the one who does all the cooking and preparation needed to have company. She made some really tasty chili with hominy in it....I LOVE hominy. Then for desert there was this platter of snickerdoodles in the middle of the table. I made a little vacant spot. Ok, so I ate three of them while we sat at the table and took one to go. They were so good! You know, the kind that are thick and still soft.

We opened presents with them which meant that the wedding album that I made them had it's debut. It was fun to watch them look through it and make comments. We also got Katy her first sewing machine. She made a quilt for her brother at the Monday nights at Grandma Bulldozer's house. Love the idea of passing down an art/passion that is fading with every generation.

2 comments:

  1. P, I bet KT & Dustin loved the album !
    Looks like I've bn hvng fun w/ the fan.
    Can' t wait 2 c the big reveal! i'm thinkin canvases are involved.
    I'M at sunspot chalet sans my fan cuz my fingers are frozen
    solid. I know, you r really feelin 4 me- lol
    merry Christmas from CO! Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. P, Merry Christmas!
    Sorry about the typos in my previous comment post! My fingers were REALLY cold-LOL!

    Lovin' your blog background. I spent HOURS the other night tring to change the background of my blog. Definitely going to have to get some pointers from you.
    (BTW-Did you see the Senate passed their part of the Health Care Reform Bill last night? At the 11th hour? Uh... Yeah).

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!