Sunday, November 1, 2009

Turning the big 90! Gma is Queen for a day.




Today we celebrated my step-Gma's 90th birthday at her church. She looks so pretty! She said that she felt as if she were a Queen which is just how we wanted her to feel.

Sandy, Norma and I got together yesterday to make the table decorations. Sandy might have a few blisters from cutting the tops off of ten pumpkins...one of which she thought was almost petrified! I volunteered to make the cake because I had envisioned a three tiered cake from the start. Clarissa helped my design and she decorated the top tier.

The day went fast with all the family and friends coming and going. I think that Gma really had a good time today and I am really glad as....This Woman Deserved A Party! She asked me today if I thought that she would make it to 100 and I said, "You Betcha".



3 comments:

  1. Paula, Your Gma is darling and so vibrant! I hope she had a beautiful 90th bday. (Judging from the looks of her cake and decorations-she definitely did!) Gorgeous cake and flowers!
    Well done my friend!
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow girl. THAT CAKE!!!! You ladies did an excellent job. I'm sure she had a great bday.
    Speaking of cakes..I found the one I want for MY bday! An owl cake!! iT is SO CUTEEEE! I think I might have to make it for myself in my new kitchen...whenever it gets done :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!