Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Power tools



As I have spent the past two days in the kitchen preparing for Thanksgiving and a little get together scheduled for next week, I look at my two favorite "power tools" of the kitchen. My good ol' standby is the Kitchenaid mixer that is approaching it's 12th year of life. I love this mixer because it has the power to make loads and loads of decorator icing and I don't have to babysit it as it can go on forever by itself. My other jewel is the Cusinart food processor which replaced my Hamilton Beach one about five years ago. Talk about chopping, blending or slicing in just seconds. It literally takes longer to wash the thing than it does to perform the functions that I need it to do.

Today we kicked out two pumpkin pies (yes Tami, it's a Pillsbury crust :), a sour cream chocolate cake (which I called a 10 bowl recipe...the #of bowls that you dirty in making it) and a pumpkin cheesecake. All these goodies need tomorrow is some whip cream for the cheesecake and pie and some chocolate shavings for the choc cake. Don't worry, I am taking a broccoli casserole tomorrow too!
Yesterday was the pumpkin bread which is over half gone. Although it is low fat (only 140 calories per slice) made with yogurt and whole wheat flour, I suspect that my hips may show who has been sneaking a bite here and there when passing through the kitchen! No really, I did give one loaf to my neighbor as she has thirteen family members staying with her for four days and could probably use the viddles!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends that are spending today cooking and cleaning for company in their homes tomorrow. May you take a few moments to see what you are thankful for! I am thankful for you!

2 comments:

  1. I used a Pillsbury crust for my peach pie tonight. Sometimes I just get tired... It better be good.
    I hope you will be sharing recipes.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving Paula. I'm thankful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P,
    Your baked yummies look so dee-lish! I survived the T-Day meal. (My hardwood floors, not so much-SIGH).We managed to forget to get the potatoes peeled for mashed potatoes-but everyone scampered and pitched in and we managed to have them and the meal about a half an hour later. My candy apple pie and pumpkin pie turned out-yeah! (From scratch, but I was definitely tempted to utilize Mr. Pillsbury doughboy pie crust myself)! Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with laughter, love and peace.
    Thankful for you in my life,
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!