Thursday, November 5, 2009

How do you say FINISHED...I think!



Today I put the last sashes, head coverings and hats together for the play. I THINK that I am all done. It felt so good to pack up the left over material, thread box and misc stuff so that it can go back to the costume warehouse at school. My sewing room and our bar area are once again ours!

Here is a shot of what supplies I used to make the little hats with the rims. They didn't turn out as deep as I would have liked but they are cute, huh? My favorite is the barrel hats. I did notice when I was carrying them up that I orginally meant for the gold trim to be on the top of the hat. That is my signature on most of the things that I turn out of my sewing area. Almost everything has an "oh well" moment.

Tomorrow is the test drive for the costumes and the cast potluck dinner. I'll post a sneak peak of all the costumes then. How do you say relief?

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for being done! NOw time to scrapbook!! yea! ANd happy bday friend :) Can't wait to celebrate on our scrapping weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula,
    Those look great!!! Hope you had a great bday! Looking forward to celebrating all the Nov. Bd's with all of my Ya-Yas in just a few weeks! EEK! ;)
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. A seamstress, a scrapper and now a milliner too. You are one talented lady! Oh and a golfer too... Good for you, Paula!

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!