Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We're golfing in November! Only in Missouri!



One day is rainy and drab and the next is sunny and warm. This only happens in Missouri. The ol' saying goes, " If you don't like today's weather, just wait until tomorrow".

Hubby took me golfing today and thank heavens it was the sunny day and not the rainy one. The trees are losing most of their leaves but several hard maples were still sporting their beautiful veil of brilliant yellow, oranges and reds. Ahhh, I love the colors in the trees and will miss them until the bright green of spring.

All the things that make an afternoon of golfing in summer weather perfect are: stainless water bottle filled with iced tea, iced water from the clubhouse, orange golf balls are alot easier to spot in the leaves, orange tees to match the orange ball, Blackberry to entertain myself while in between holes and last but not least....some chocolate! Hubby laughs because I also keep lip gloss in my bag and I put it on periodically (when I have licked mine off from stress) during our 18 holes. I say that if you aren't good at golf, you might as well look good! Hope that we can catch a few more days like this before ol' man winter clamps down on us. Yes, this is what unemployment looks like!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got out and enjoyed the sunshine and made some memories to scrapbook later this month! (wink wink) :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!