Saturday, October 10, 2009

Taking the plunge into the blogging pond!



It certainly is a grand day as I create and post on my first blog. Bear with me as I am "wading" through all this new information.

I wanted to share one of many of my uncompleted projects! I love to start projects but then find something even more exciting and well..... I have a hard time checking DONE on the previous ones that I started.

This one is near the finish! All that is left to do is the construction of the serger cover. All the applique work is done thanks to the time I had at Camp Scrap. I used scraps of wool that I washed in hot water and dried in the dryer to "felt". I then created a pattern and cut out my pieces to blanket stitch onto the cover pattern pieces that I made from the plastic cover that originally came with my sewing and serger machines. Do you like?

3 comments:

  1. I like the "little" machine needs one too !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an AMAZING person!! If I had even 1/4 of your creativity and patience, I might be good at something. I'm so happy for you!! Someday I might need to learn some new skills!!
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!