Friday, June 25, 2010

Flip that Chair!

 In the beginning...there was a lonely chair that lived in a house where it was lonely, outcast and felt no love

As many of my friends know, I was laid off from my job of eight years at Edy's Ice Cream.  To supplement my income and to keep my mind busy the past five months I have been training/working under the leadership of my Mom, Mary, in learning how to work the trade of upholstery.  I have developed a passion for "flipping" the old, unwanted chairs and furniture into a beauty that one loves again.  I have many favorite tools and "foo-foo" items that make the process easier and add that special touch in the end.  My love for nail heads is very popular these days.  They come in all different colors, finishes and shapes.  The two below are the most popular with customers.  I would estimate that 50% of the work we put out has some type of nail heads on them.  We buy by larger quantities because of cost and each piece takes way more than you could ever afford to buy at the fabric stores.  Someday...I will count them as I install them!





In the end...........
The ugly duckling became a beautiful much admired, wanted and loved piece of the family!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty Paula! I have a love seat and chair that need love and help... Is Washington too far to go to help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I looove the fabric, too! Great, job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is awesome. I wish I knew how to do that. We need some pics of Becky Beck on this blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chair is stunning! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!