Friday, March 5, 2010

Trained by the Master

All finished and ready for delivery.
All the webbing has been replaced to make it a stronger couch.
Before I tore into the old fabric. Rusted couch bottom from the coils underneath.
Removed the bottom piece and started taking off the welt piping. Trim pieces removed.
My mom is showing me the ropes of how to remove trim work. She is teaching me step by step how to upholstery with her. She has a waiting list that extends out a couple of months. I am going to help her get to her clients faster and make some money myself while searching for a real job. It's really hard on your hands and I don't know how my Mom does it so much. There is alot of heaving around furniture which will make your arm muscles stronger too.


4 comments:

  1. Upholstering is difficult work! BTW-I forgot to tell you that I have a wingback chair you/your mom might be interested in reupholstering. It has good bones-just needs a real professional (aka your mom) to do it the right way-LOL. Free to a good home! LMK. ;)
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I am impressed and would LOVE for you to go finish my mom's couch and loveseat that she has not finished in 5 years... I will pay you big bucks if you go finish it~ no more bat wings for you.... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I buy your ticket will you come and redo a love seat and chair for me? They are from the 40's and also need new cushions...that is the part that stops me from tearing in to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://fleamarketstylemag.blogspot.com/2010/03/do-as-we-do.html

    When I saw these flowers I thought of you- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!