Saturday, June 16, 2012

"88" finds a Home!

My Mom, Mary, road back to Jefferson City with me last Thursday and stayed through the weekend.  We had a lot of fun!  The first night Clarissa came down from Columbia and met us later in the evening.  I showed them some Jefferson City evening lights and "prison bars".  We grabbed some nachos at a local restaurant called Prison Brews which is named after the prison just a block away.  You can actually tour the prison during the day or night.

We then went to High Street which is the main drag through the downtown area.  On Thursdays the streets are blocked off and they usually have a band for entertainment.  People are crawling up and down the streets and it gets kinda crowded.  We arrived after the band had shut down and Mom looked for some  Karaoke, but none to found tonight.  I then took them to Munichburg Tavern which is a new tap house in the heart of what some might say is a miniature German Town.  They have their own Bolche Ball court.  It got late really fast so we woofed down our order of hand dipped mushrooms and back for night night!


Mom and I went to several flea/antique markets on Saturday up and down Hwy 54 and Interstate 70.  This is where she found "88" who I think should have the middle name of "wooffer".  She named him that first and then changed it in memory of her "#88" that was her turtle in the races at church who ran away.  Question....how does a turtle run away and never be seen?  I think that my Mom is the cutest sitting here with a life long friend, one that won't run away!  I wonder if she will paint #88 on his back?


It was great having you visit Mom and I hope to have you ride home with me again or just drive up for the week.  There is plenty of material to work up!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!