Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Creations


The little tree of things important to me. The little birdie metal brads are from Oriental Trading and the butterflies are cut from a strand of trim that I had stashed in my ribbon box. I drew the tree with a brown Sharpie fine tip and the "heart" of the tree was a button from my button box.


My favorite little owl finally gets to roost up in a tree. She looks joyful and wise, doesn't she?

You might have recognized these canvases from a previous post but now....the finished product.

Let the wings of love take you where your dreams are. I love this Basic Grey stripe paper for the base and pink felt wings were sewn by machine onto cardstock. The tulle "fluffy" under the white scallop circle was made by basting a strip of pink tulle down one of the long edges and then....PULL to gather into a circle.

Thanks to my friend Julie for this title. It's funny, true and fits on this wallhanging. The house found it's roofing materials from stips of brown scalloped paper layered upon each other. The owl came from Susan's Slice and the brown heart is Thickers with some red embroidery thread to anchor it to brown gingham. This probably describes alot of our creative spaces.

Special people can make your heart sing and fill you with such joy. The same joy that I felt in creating this little wall hanger. Love the little ball trim, bling and the red chipboard heart that I stamped with Stays On ink.

Valentines is just around the corner! I loved using my marshmallow glimmer mist for the first time. I a light coat over a scalloped circle mask and then drew around the scallop with black ink. The "love" is from a set of stamps that my friend Julie gave all the November birthday girls at our lake scrapping last fall.

Meet Priscilla Partridge who was born Friday, January 29, 2010 in Branson, MO. She is a little sassy and has the eyelashes to prove it. Great for holding pencils, pens, or whatever you have on her backside.

4 comments:

  1. Love it all! Looks like it was a very productive weekend. Do you have an Etsy shop yet? If so, you've got to share! If not, why not?
    Missed you this morning, but looks like you've had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula!

    You amaze me. It took me a weekend to set-up a blog! I can't imagine doing all of that in a weekend. It all looks great!

    Miss you guys!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stuff you made! So stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where in the world are all of those Creative Treasures going to be placed? In an art gallery? Did you get published? Don't forget the lowly friend you have in WA. I love every single project you created. Good Job!! Miss you~

    ReplyDelete

So glad that you hopped through the lilypad! Have a blessed day!